Initially, fillers were used o replace more expensive fibers without detrimentally affecting the properties of the sheet. Since then, with increasing sophistication of papermaking, the role of fillers has dramatically changed. Although the financial value of using fillers still exists, a wide range of optical and physical properties can be imparted to the sheet.
- Discourse Analysis research papers examine how this mothod of thinking stems from the philosophical notion that there is no one single meaning, part of deconstruction, first identified by French thinker Jacques Derrida.
- Geneva Convention research papers examine the series of four treaties and three additional protocols that establish the standards of international law and regulate conduct during warfare.
Facial tissue: The class of soft, absorbent papers in the sanitary tissue group. Originally used for removal of creams, oil, and so on, from the skin, it is now used in large volume for packaged facial tissue, toilet paper, paper napkins, professional towels, industrial wipes, and for hospital items. Most facial tissue is made of bleached sulfite or sulfate pulp, sometimes mixed with bleached and mechanical pulp, on a single-cylinder or Fourdrinier machine. Desirable characteristics are softness, strength, and freedom from lint.
- International humanitarian law research papers examine the aspect of international law, which seeks to protect individuals who are not participating in the fighting of a war.
This review describes medium and high molecular weight organic material found in wastewaters from pulp and paper industry. The aim is to review the versatile pollutants and the analysis methods for their determination. Among other pollutants, biocides, extractives, and lignin-derived compounds are major contributors to harmful effects, such as toxicity, of industrial wastewaters. Toxicity of wastewaters from pulp and paper mills is briefly evaluated including the methods for toxicity analyses. Traditionally, wastewater purification includes mechanical treatment followed by chemical and/or biological treatment processes. A variety of methods are available for the purification of industrial wastewaters, including aerobic and anaerobic processes. However, some fractions of organic material, such as lignin and its derivatives, are difficult to degrade. Therefore, novel chemical methods, including electrochemical and oxidation processes, have been developed for separate use or in combination with biological treatment processes.
- Research papers on collective decision making examine the occurrence when an individuals work with others to make decisions, thereby reducing the amount of responsibility that any one person can have for the outcome of the decision.
23, 2017 - Archroma, a colour and specialty chemicals company, has introduced Cartaspers PLH liquid, a one-product, organic additive that delivers “easy and highly-effective” control of pitch and stickies deposition in soft water pulp and papermaking environments.
American Paper and Pulp Association.
1965. The Dictionary of Paper, including pulp, paperboard, paper properties and related papermaking terms. 3rd ed. New York.
- Ethical decision making research papers examine the choices that one makes when faced with standards of behavior that tell an individual how to act in a given situation.
11, 2017 - Andritz has received an order to modernize the stock preparation line in the sack kraft paper production line at Mariysky Pulp and Paper Mill in Volzhsk, Russia.
17, 2017 - Danish-Canadian clean-fuel company Steeper Energy is partnering with Silva Green Fuel, a Norwegian-Swedish joint venture, to construct a $76.8-million industrial scale demonstration plant at a former pulp mill located in Tofte, Norway, leading to a future commercial scale project.
13, 2017 - At the inaugural Eco-Certifications Appreciation Lunch this week, the Singapore Environment Council (SEC) announced that consumer goods company Kimberly-Clark has become the first to have 12 of its pulp and paper products become certified under the enhanced version of SEC’s Green Labelling Scheme.
16, 2017 - FPInnovations, in collaboration with The American Forest and Paper Association (AF&PA) and Forest Products Association of Canada (FPAC), has developed a Product Category Rules (PCR) that will allow North American pulp, paper, tissue and containerboard manufacturers to communicate the environmental footprints of their products in compliance with international standards.
- Metaphysics Philosophy research papers examine the branch of philosophy that look into the basic questions regarding existence, the nature of being, and the world around us.