1. How does Blue Nile create trust in buying an expensive item like an engagement ring?
2. How does Blue Nile educate potential customers?
3. How does Blue Nile get users to buy expensive diamonds on a mobile device?
4. How does Blue Nile make the diamond buying process hassle free?
5. How can Blue Nile grow internationally if the Internet is not always available?
6. Can Blue Nile expand its product offerings beyond diamonds and jewelry?
7. Is Blue Nile “Stuck in the Middle?”
A long-term decline in ecosystem functioning and productivity, often called land degradation, is a serious environmental challenge to Ethiopia that needs to be understood so as to develop sustainable land use strategies. This study examines inter-annual and seasonal trends of vegetation cover in the Upper Blue Nile (UBN) or Abbay Basin. The Advanced Very High Resolution Radiometer (AVHRR)-based Global Inventory, Monitoring, and Modeling Studies (GIMMS) normalized difference vegetation index (NDVI) was used for long-term vegetation trend analysis at low spatial resolution. Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer (MODIS) NDVI data (MOD13Q1) were used for medium-scale vegetation trend analysis. Harmonic analyses and non-parametric trend tests were applied to both GIMMS NDVI (1981–2006) and MODIS NDVI (2001–2011) data sets. Based on a robust trend estimator (Theil–Sen slope), most parts of the UBN (~ 77 %) showed a positive trend in monthly GIMMS NDVI, with a mean rate of 0.0015 NDVI units (3.77 % yr?1), out of which 41.15 % of the basin depicted significant increases (p
Inter-annual and seasonal trends of vegetation condition in the Upper Blue Nile (Abbay) basin: Dual scale time series analysis (discussion paper)
Threat of New Entrants=High and a few sentences explaining why.
INDUSTRY DRIVERS - List the drivers that effect the online/physical diamond retail market
5) COMPETITIVE STRENGTH ASSESSMENT - Where is Blue Nile positioned in relevance to key competitors?
6) FINANCIAL ANALYSIS - This requires approx.
With journeys spanning more than 80 countries and 2000 days, Bruce’s accomplishments include the first modern crossing of Arabia’s Empty Quarter by camel, a raft descent of Ethiopia’s Blue Nile Gorge by raft, sea kayak traverse of Borneo’s northern coast, and a coast-to-coast Icelandic trek.